Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: New state budget cuts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    New state budget cuts

    Any thoughts or opinions as to how this may affect the school board and their efforts to consolidate the county's schools. Will it or will it not affect them?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    I initially thought it would put some hold on the plans, some delay, but to be honest I'm not really sure. It's being pushed so hard now it may be a "hell or high water" situation.

    I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    15% cut is pretty significant.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    As long as the BOS isn't on board, school consolidation will not happen..especially with the state funding cuts.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 7teen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    458
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    While this may endanger aspects of building new schools, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the county high schools get closed down and students bussed to other schools.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    And somewhere Basham will be laughing

    It would be a bit sad for this whole project to come full circle that way

  6. #6
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    I was talking to a friend of mine after I posted this thread and he says that there is already talk of shutting the schools down and going with the original plan the Basham proposed a few years ago.

    I might add that this person is in the "know" about things like this as he is connected in the political aspects of Wise county, especially its schoolboard.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    I actually heard the same thing earlier tonight. A high school or two will be closed and moved into another high school. Rumor or not,, who knows.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    Guess JJK and PV need to start ordering desks then
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •